Apr 15, 2013

Acme Bar & Coffee @ The Troika



Took my mom out for her birthday treat at Acme Bar & Coffee. Before that, I've already planned for a place in Bangsar. However, Acme Bar & Coffee popped into my head the night before as I remembered hearing some good reviews and along with some late night research, ABC it is! :) 


Using my ever faithful Waze GPS, I arrived at the location safely although I was one turning too early...but all turned out well :) It's near KLCC! The Troika's parking section was quite confusing so we took the stairs up to the concierge and asked for directions to Acme Bar & Coffee that was just around the block.


The enormous door was quite a hassle due to its weight. Struggled to open the door...no points for them because the waiters did not help :(


As usual, I am a sucker for good decor and atmosphere. Love the mixture of retro and modern setting. Chose the window seat so that I could enjoy the sunlight and also maximize the lighting for pictures of course ;P


Ice Lemon Tea, RM11 | Latte, RM15

B&W Sesame Tuna Medallion Salad, RM39
Tuna salad with romaine lettuce, hard boiled eggs and creamy garlic anchovies aioli dressing. Lettuce was quite plain due to the light dressing. The tuna on the other hand is coated with sesame seeds around it, which further enhances its taste :)

Grilled "Bacon" Wrapped Snails, RM25
Coco beans & parsley garlic sauce wrapped in duck bacon. The slightly crispy bacon accompanied by tender escargot. Yummy :D

Smoked Duck Breast Pasta, RM35
Spaghetti carbonara with smoked duck breast topped with parmesan. This was so-so. Salty is one word I would describe it. With both smoked duck and parmesan being salty, the combination was not that great. Perhaps they should cut down on the parmesan next time to balance out the saltiness.

Cakes galore!

Cempedak Cake, RM15
Sponge cake with cempedak cream and pistachio nuts. 
Was browsing through Foursquare for some recommendations and this cempedak cake stood out as a unique dessert to me. The reviews however, were mixed as some loved it and some said it tasted like puke. LOL *sorry didn't mean to disgust you* Ordered it anyway to try... Would say this cempedak cake is more of an acquired taste. On the first bite, it tasted weird but after a while my taste buds got used to it. Still...I didn't find it fantastic.

Overall, food here is alright. Liked two out of four dishes that I've tried :) They were renovating their outdoor  area when I was there that day...would be a nice place to chill especially at night with KLCC nearby and all.

Acne Bar & Coffee
Ground Floor, The Troika
19, Persiaran KLCC,
50450 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03 2162 2288
Opens daily:
Mon - Thurs: 11AM - 12AM
Fri: 11AM - 1AM
Sat: 9.30AM - 1AM
Sun: 9.30AM - 12AM
Website
Facebook

Outfit of the day! Starry starry night dress by Walk in Closet. Bought it from Zalora ^^

11 comments :

  1. didn't knew that it will turn out to be just so so. I was wanting to try this place out for so long already. havent had the chance yet..

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way Licheun, I'm not joining the tea party.. exam week. T.T

    ReplyDelete
  3. for me it was so so...they have steaks as well but I try them. Go and check them out :) A nice environment..

    ReplyDelete
  4. aiyak...Good luck for your exams then! See you around :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a comfortable place for tea and chill! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks :) I heard the one at Swich Cafe is quite nice?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chasing Food DreamsApril 17, 2013 at 11:45 PM

    heard great things about this place... yet to try it still... :D


    nice photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol we had out Haagen Dazs Christmas Party here last year! :D
    and yes, the door is heavy. super heavy -_-

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you :) Do check them out soon ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahah yea I heard about the party :)

    ReplyDelete