Mar 4, 2016

[Review] SEKKISEI Trial Kit


 photo DSC_1749-2.jpg


Last year, I have been traveling quite a bit and was constantly exposed to the harmful rays of the sun. First, I got sunburnt in Koh Samui. Subsequently I went to Vietnam and Penang for sight seeing and noticed that my skin has turned darker as I was constantly under the sun. My sunburnt took super long to recover and I was quite worried. Even though my face was not really affected, but I noticed that my skin tone was not even anymore... 

KOSÉ SEKKISEI's product range is specially-designed for skin translucency since 1985. SEKKISEI products harnesses the power of the Oriental Herbs extract are carefully-selected from about 100 different plants, creating a harmonious and skin-loving formula that gives women brighter, even-toned and moisturised skin.

The recently launched special edition trial kit consists of 5 star products where the combination of oriental plant extracts: Coix Seed, Melothria (White Lotus) and Angelica, keeps the skin in perfect condition and protected from the harsh environment.

The SEKKISEI trial kit is sold at RM99, which includes the following:

1. SEKKISEI White Liquid Wash (20ml)

  • Lightweight cleanser that cleanses the skin without stripping away the skin's natural moisture.
  • Taurine-based cleansing agents leave skin clean and hydrated.
  • Rubus Suavissmus extract enhance skin dullness and soothes UV damage. 

2. SEKKISEI Lotion (100ml)

  • Bestseller that contains ingredients carefully selected out of 100 types of oriental plants.
  • Fine-textured hydrating lotion balances out skin's moisture level, prevents dullness, soothes redness and more!

3. SEKKISEI Emulsion (70ml)

  • Quick absorbing moisturiser that penetrates deep into the skin, preventing freckles, dark spots and dryness.
  • Ingredients like Inula Britanica Flower, Chinese Pearl Barley, Paeonia Albiflora Root, Melothria Heterophylla and Angelica helps to reveal a more translucent complexion.

4. SEKKISEI Clear Whitening Mask (10g)

  • A gentle peek off mask that removes dullness and dead skin cells, brightens and hydrate at the same time.
  • Chinese Quince extracts inhibits sebum protection, with a blend of oriental plant extracts that deliver supreme whitening benefits.

5. Bihadagoyomi Mask (3 pcs)

  • Pair it with the SEKKISEI lotion for instant hydration! Pour the location until the mask tablet puffs up and place it for 10-15 mins :)


I have been using the trial kit for almost a month now. One small pump is enough for the liquid wash as it foams up really well! Although the instruction said to use cotton pad for the lotion and emulsion, I still prefer to pour it on my hand and tap in the product goodness as I feel that it is a waste to let the cotton pad soak up everything.

During the first week, my skin went into purging mode due to the sudden change in product. It wasn't really serious but I got a few bumps here and there. So, I switch up my routine by not using SEKKISEI for a day or two, then continue using it after a few days so that my skin could take a break. It worked and this is the routine I have been using up till now and I noticed that my uneven skin tone issue has improved with the help of SEKKISEI products :)

For the SEKKISEI emulsion I only use it during the daytime as it is lightweight. During the night, I will still use back my existing cream moisturizer.

For more information about SEKKISEI, visit KOSÉ Malaysia on:

No comments :

Post a Comment