Honey Creme has finally opened up a store in Klang Valley and desserts fan can rejoice! Honey Creme is a Korean style premium organic soft-serve ice cream brand, conceived through a Korean-Taiwanese business partnership. First launched in Taiwan in 2014, it has since expanded to other countires like Singapore, Hong Kong, China and Indonesia.
Honey Creme Taiwanese Trainer, Liu Siao Zi explaining about the benefits of Honey Creme soft serve.
Ice creams have always been stigmatized as unhealthy but Honey Creme is specially handcrafted with premium organic ingredients from all over the world especially South Korea's top organic milk and creams. Honey Creme's soft serve is a healtheir option with nutritional toppings like raw honeycomb, organic mixed grains and dark chocolate. If you like to indulge, popcorn or cotton candy topping is the one for you!
Raw honeycomb provides natural sweetness and is a healthy options as it is rich in minerals, amino acids and other health giving properties.
The flavours Janice and myself managed to try that day were:
Organic Mixed Grains
Organic Cotton Candy Affogato
- Honey Comb
- One of the crowd favourite, the honeycomb gives a natural sweetness to the ice cream.
- Crispy and crunchy caramel popcorn gives texture to the ice cream and I love the fact that the popcorn is not overly sweet. It is just right and definitely one of my favourite.
- Mixed grains consists of soy beans, brown rice, black sesame seeds, flax seeds, black beans, oats, rye, black glutinous rice and pearl barley. This is a healthy option and the best one that I have tried out of all the flavours.
- It is also topped with caramel for a multi-layer taste. However, the mixed grains is heavily concentrated at the bottom of the cup which is only accessible when you finish eating the ice cream. It can be solved by scooping everything out from the bottom before eating so you get the grains on the ice cream evenly.
- Cotton candy is made with organic sugar. Ice-cream drizzled with rich and aromatic warm espresso, its leaves a bittersweet flavour.
- As I am not a fan of espresso or black coffee, I didn't really enjoy it.
With many other variety of flavours available in cups or cones, Honey Creme's organic premium soft serve ice cream is made to cater to Asian taste-buds with its fluffy, light velvety texture and creamy milky taste with slight salty undertones.