Jan 25, 2015

2015 Make Up Routine


 photo DSC_8170-2.jpg
As usual, I will say time flies! Its 2015 already and we are already heading towards the end of January. February is another short month where I foresee it is going to pass in a blink of an eye! Especially with Chinese New Year coming around, there is so many things to prepare!

Anyway, I would like to share with you my makeup routine that I usually go for. I don't wear makeup often as it my skin breaks out pretty easily. I am more of a skincare type of gal and I often let my skin breath as much as possible, but here is my simple & basic makeup routine!

 photo collage.png
Usually, I started by prepping my face with concealer or sometimes foundation (depending on my skin condition) by trying to conceal away those dark circles and pimples! Then, I will move on to eyeliner where liquid eyeliner is my favourite choice. I have used Dolly Wink when I was in college which was introduced to me by a friend and absolutely loved it!

As time passed, I moved on to using other brands as well but recently revisited Dollywink again as it was part of the Butterfly Project Beauty Box that I received last year. One of the main reason I like Dolly Wink eyeliner is because of its intense black colour and also their thin tip which makes application an easy one. I am able to build up the eyeliner slowly without much error.

It is pretty much smudge proof and stays put throughout the day. However for my case, my eyelids get pretty oily and sometimes it smudges off easily towards the edge of my cat eye flick which irks me. Till today, I still haven't found a brand of liquid eyeliner that is extremely waterproof and smudge proof except for the Elianto eyeliner that was discontinued few years back.

 photo collage1.png
After applying eyeliner, it is time for the lips to be prepped! I would start off with lip balm to keep my lips moisturized before putting on lipstick. With Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Lip Balm, I am able to keep things simple. It is both moisturizing and adds a lovely colour to the lips which saves me time whenever I am in a rush. The colour pigmentation is pretty sheer and suitable for an everyday look which gives pop of colour to my lips :) 

 photo collage2.png
Sometimes, I would add on lip gloss to give my lips a more glossy finish / plump look. The Hotlights Lipgloss from Collection is very unique as it has a built in light which is super convenient especially during the night when you are in a dark-lit restaurant or washroom. It is also equipped with a side mirror which I found it pointless as the mirror is not really clear where you can't see the shape of your own lips perfectly. 

 photo DSC_8192-2copy.jpg
Whenever I am in the mood, nail polish is my go to item! I don't usually apply them on my fingers as I am a very rough person which I have mentioned many times before. So I only apply nail polish on my toes. The Maybelline Colour Show nail polish in Pink Voltage (#010) is a pretty sheer pink nail polish which needs to be layered up to at least 2 layers for the colour to show.

 photo DSC_8253_meitu_1.jpg
Here's my complete makeup look! Products used are:

1. Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner (Black)
2. Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Lip Balm (Pink Shock)
3. Collection Cosmetics Hotlights Lipgloss (#4 Sparkle)
4. Maybelline Colour Show (#010 Pink Voltage)

What's your 2015 makeup routine?

No comments :

Post a Comment