Aug 30, 2017

[Review] Althea Petal Velvet Powder


Althea Velvet Powder

I was really excited when I got to know that Althea came up with the first of their very own product range, the Petal Velvet Powder! Using the national flower of Korea as the main ingredient, it has many benefits which is:
  • Contains natural antioxidants that protect the skin's barrier from dehydration by increasing moisture levels.
  • Protect the skin from effects cause by sun exposure and ultraviolet radiation
  • Helps to repair damaged skin cells and restore elasticity to premature aging skin.


It is a translucent (white) powder that sets makeup and leaves behind a silky finish without drying out the skin.

Althea Velvet Powder

Upon unboxing, the packaging is simple & cute, plus it is secured nicely with a sticker inside so the powder does not come out during shipping of the product. A fluffy puff is included inside the product too!

It has a slight scent which is quite pleasant and not overpowering. Since I am quite sensitive to fragranced items, the powder's fragrance is mild :) The texture of the powder is lightweight and goes on really well onto my skin.

As the product size is small, it is really convenient to place it into the bag without taking too much space and it is perfect for travel too!

Althea Velvet Powder

First time powdering it on my hand. The product does not leave a white powdery layer on the skin as this is just for photo showcase purpose :)

  • Suitable for all skin types, I love that the powder leaves my skin velvety smooth while keeping my face shine-free as it has sebum control properties! 
  • It is non-comedogenic which I am glad for since my skin is quite sensitive and pores get clogged easily...with this my skin does not act up.

Most of the time after BB cushion, I will use a brush instead of the puff to sweep the powder across my face instead of using the puff as it is much quicker cause I am lazy at times.

I will also use a damp beauty blender to 'bake' my under eye area and it does not turn out cakey at all! After wearing it for more than 8 hours, my skin still looks almost shine-free without the need to touch up during mid-day.

Althea Velvet Powder

Retailed at RM 16, the Althea Petal Velvet Powder (3g) is really worth it! Personally, I would repurchase this when it runs out. Get yours today at http://my.althea.kr/petal-velvet-powder

No comments :

Post a Comment