Mar 25, 2013

MAC Archie's Girls Ronnie Red Lipstick



Stumbled across the latest collection of MAC cosmetics while I was in the mall earlier this month. The huge display counter in the center of the mall piqued my curiosity, so me and my friend went to check it out. I'm glad I did, because I was quite an Archie's comic fan during high school :) And a part of me was immediately sold to the concept already xD


What caught my eye from the Archie's Girls collection was the Veronica matte lipstick in Ronnie Red (RM75). Tested it at the MAC counter and I fell in love with it! My friend in Aussie said most of the Archie's Girls collection were sold out over there. Plus it's a limited edition, so I went back to the mall and bought the lipstick a couple of days later :)


Ronnie Red is a mixture of cherry/hot pink and red which makes it a very vibrant and unique colour. I love the fact that it is outstanding and attention grabbing! The colour lasts very long too and it does stain your lips. 


Before this, I don't consider myself a lipstick fan as I tend to stick to lipbalm and gloss. Red lipstick in particular, have never been on my list because it screams bright and loud. But this year, I've been wanting to get my hands on a red lipstick for reasons unknown. Is it due to age, that I'm ready to move on to the next phase of life? xD I've been looking for a red lipstick for some time. Nothing held my interest while I was on my search and I'm glad that I found this amazing lipstick in a shade that I love! 

However, this matte lipstick made my lips dry after a while. So I'll have to constantly apply Vasaline every couple of hours so that my lips don't get chapped. That is the only thing that I didn't like, but I'll overlook this matter :) If you have pink undertones like me, it is best to apply foundation or bb cream on your face because the Ronnie Red lipstick tends to make the redness on your face more visible.

13 comments :

  1. like the way they added Archies characters into their product

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous with the red lip cause you have a fair skin. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the packaging! I am one of those who can't carry off red lipsticks:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline Ng May LingMarch 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM

    wow! the red lipstick looks quite pigmented! and totally hot with it on ur lip! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I currently loving im red lipstick too...i have one from inglot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you :) not necessarily fair skin, you'll just have to find a shade that suits your skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you can! Take your time to find a shade that suits you. I'm sure you'll look fab! If not try those with orange base, quite popular nowadays ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha thanks :) Yeah it's really pigmented. Stains my lips everytime, which is good in a way that I don't need to reapply constantly and the stain makes the colour really natural and nice. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heard about Inglot before but have never tried their products yet. Maybe next time :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the packaging! And you looks good in it hehee :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. ya shud try..I bought the coral red..and it's cheap rm 50 only!!I love their liquid eyeliner..super pigmented at a very affordable price, RM 40!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Red lipstick looks gorgeous on you! I love the whole Archie's collection too! Haha I got the "Betty Bright" one.

    ReplyDelete