Feb 1, 2015

2015 Weekend Spa Routine


 photo DSC_8212-2.jpg

I always treasure my weekends as time seems like fly by especially when I am busy working. Most of the time, my weekends are spent recuperating at home or spending time with my family. Personal well-being is definitely one of my top priorities in life! Pampering myself makes me feel good :)

Starting off with my crown jewel, Biolange SmoothProof cleanses my hair and controls the frizz, which gives me smooth hair all day! Of course, I will need to use the conditioner & serum as well. It wouldn't work with just shampoo alone! Moving on, I will use the Garnier Sakura White Pink Radiance Gentle Cleaning Foam as it deeply cleanses my skin. Just a pea size and it really lathers well and the scent is lovely too! This formula is suitable for sensitive skin which is suitable for me as it does not irritate my skin :) A moisturizer is very important after cleansing the face which the Garnier Sakura White Pinkish Radiance Moisturizing Cream provides with a blend of Sakura Extracts, Vitamin B3 and Vitamin CG to nourish the skin deeply and help to lighten the skin tone and dark spots. It also has SPF21 properties which is great for day time usage.

To boost the skin's moisture, I will apply the Glam Glow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment which is a hydrating mask that provides deep instant hydration. The product looks creamy but when applied on, it goes on smoothly. It does have a sticky feeling though but it's not uncomfortable or anything. I also experience a tingling/cooling sensation after a few minutes. It contains many moisturizing ingredients like ground olive leaf, coconut oil, honey blossom honey and ginger root, botanimoist ams, hydraclay, oat beta glucan, hyaluronic acid and citric acid. Usually, I just apply it on for about 20 minutes and then wipe it off with a warm cloth instead of leaving it on the whole night.

Face masks is essential to lock in the moisture and let the skin further absorb the benefits! Hydraluron Moisture Boosting Mask does the job by further hydrating the skin. It contains the next generation 3D hyaluronic acid which claims to hydrate the skin from beneath the surface for 24 hours of long lasting moisture retention. I can't vouch for the 24 hours moisture thing but my skin definitely feels softer, smoother and plumped after putting on the mask for 15 minutes! Another option is the Nature Republic Snail Solution Hydrogel Mask Sheet. Snail extract is a popular ingredient in Korean skincare products which claims to regenerate cells and moisturize the skin. This mask really sits well onto the skin due to the texture of the gel mask which also gives a cool feeling to the skin without the need of putting it into the fridge first!

Not forgetting the body, it also needs some additional moisture to keep the skin smooth and moisturized! I take in particular consideration for the hands as it is constantly exposed to all forms of elements! The L'occitane En Provence hand cream is really handy for me to bring around to keep my hand constantly moisturized and the scent is lovely too! I would also apply the hand cream on the dry area of my elbows as well!

To keep myself refreshed throughout the day, I always carry around the Always 21 Aloe Vera Soothing Gel Mist which contains 96% of aloe vera. Especially under the air conditioned environment, the skin tends to get dry and this gel mist helps to keep my skin moisturized and refreshed. Not forgetting the unforgiving hot weather lately, I also use it to sooth my skin from the heat. 

That is all for my weekend spa routine! Any products that you'd recommend?

No comments :

Post a Comment