Mar 17, 2014

LED Phototherapy @ Mediviron UOA


 photo DSC_3445-2.jpg
Hey everyone! After the second round of TCA peel, the peeling on the face was more than the previous one as the dosage was stronger. As usual, the skin felt tight for a couple of days and then it started to peel on the 3rd day. This time, the peeling period was longer where it lasted for about 2 weeks. Previously is was about 10 days.

 photo DSC_3861.jpg
After I changed my sunblock to the non-comedogenic ones, my skin felt better. I only used my Olay Pro X cleansing brush once throughout this two weeks as I didn't want to agitate my skin too much. My skin is definitely looking better now. However due to menstruation, a couple of headless pimples couldn't help but to pop up :(

 photo DSC_3863.jpg
I was supposedly scheduled for an LED Phototherapy treatment after one week of my TCA peeling but I pushed back the appointment as I was busy. 

 photo DSC_3866.jpg
Basically, LED Light Therapy is the usage of incident light to photomodulate cellular function, improving healing times, reliving pain, subsiding active acne, promoting skin rejuvenation and others. For my case, it is to treat active acne as I had TCA peeling two weeks ago and my skin is sensitive to the exposure of bacteria. The LED Light Therapy helps to kill off the bacteria on the skin to prevent acne from forming.

 photo DSC_3874.jpg
As the LED Phototerapy produces heat during the treatment duration, I had to remove my contact lens to prevent any damage to the eyes and wore a black goggles to prevent the bright lights from affecting the eye.

 photo DSC_3881.jpg
This treatment lasts about 30 mins where you'll just lie down and rest while waiting for the treatment to be done. Sometimes, you can also fall asleep because of the comfy room and aircond. 

The light therapy has many benefits which includes increased collagen and elastin production, regeneration of the connective tissue, erasure of sunspots, improved lymphatic system and circulation. It also improves or erases fine lines and wrinkles, lifts and tones and improves the overall skin complexion.

 photo DSC_3875.jpg
The results from the light therapy varies as it depends on the physical condition of the individual's age, skin colour, skin tone, diet and lifestyle. Noticeable changes are usually achieved in 8-10 treatments, though some people notice the difference almost immediately.

For more information, visit Mediviron UOA Clinic's:

Mediviron UOA Clinic is located at
LG 9, Lower Ground Floor,
Wisma UOA II, Jalan Pinang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur.

No comments :

Post a Comment